What does it do for you?
Raley Notifications for JIRA / ServiceDesk cloud is an atlassian-connect add-on that is integrates with your cloud JIRA/Service desk instance. It is running on our machines and does 2 things:
1) Listens to issue, project or version-related events in your JIRA, reacts on them and sends notifications
2) Periodically produces notifications that contain information about several JIRA issues and sends notifications.
What is a notification configuration?
Notification configuration is a rule that you as AddOn user will specify. It consists of 3 parts:
1) Condition - when an event is fired by JIRA our AddOn will evaluate the condition to see which notifications (if any) should be run.
Example of notification configuration: High priority issue in ServiceDesk project ABC is commented with public visibility
2) Message Template - is a Velocity-style template used by AddOn to produce a custom message based on static text and dynamic data retrieved from the issue, project or version that fired the event
3) Destination - is a static or dynamic address the produced message will be sent to.
Example: firstname.lastname@example.org, slack channel #channelabc or HipChat room
What are digested messages?
If you use a standard JIRA / ServiceDesk notification system then you will receive an email notification every time when something happened to an issue. This might be neither convenient, nor practical to follow, because the number of emails received can be very large and hard to track. In fact, most of those emails are simply ignored or go directly to spam folder.
Raley Notifications resolves this problem by collecting all of the changes to a group of issues into a periodical digest and sends them as a single email.
Example: - issues commented during last day with comments
- high priority issues with approaching deadline per assignee
- issues that haven't had any action for N days
You as add-on user can define what kind of digests and how often you or your team will receive.